How to Grow an Endless Supply of Ginger Indoors
Today we are going to present you the easiest way to grow the ginger indoors without any difficulties. Its roots are used for cooking, herbal mixture, smoothies, spice etc.
How to Plant Ginger
The first thing that you should do is to bur ginger from seed catalogue or garden centers. The ginger can be also planted from the grocery store, but the results will be much lesser. To get rid of the pesticides, you have to soak it in water overnight.
You have to purchase plump ginger root with tight skin, not withered and old and it would be prefect to has several sprouts. Be sure to pick shallow, wide pots because the ginger grows horizontally. You can cut off the sprouts and replant them in a separate pot.
1. Remove the toxic chemicals by soaking the root in warm water and let it stay during the night
2. Use rich drainable soil
3. You have to put the ginger in the pot with its eyes bud pointed up, then cover it with 1 or 2 inches of the soil and pour water over it
4. Place the pot on warm and not too sunny room
5. Use spray bottle to maintain the soil moisture
6. You will see the first sprouts in just a few weeks. You only have to continue with regular watering and moisturizing.
After 3-4 months you can harvest the first roots. You could find some roots underneath by pulling the soil at the edges aside. Cut off the sprouts and return the soil. It will not stop producing ginger if you take good care for the plant. Plant more rhizomes and uproot the whole plant for bigger harvest.