Proper blood circulation is crucial for optimum health, since nutrients, minerals and oxygen are transferred to different parts of the body through it, and it promotes organ function and cell growth.
Poor blood circulation can affect heart, brain, liver, limbs, the kidneys etc.
Most usual symptoms of poor circulation are tingling sensations or numbness in certain body parts, fatigue, cold hands and feet, dizziness, dry skin, hair loss, edema, headaches, pain in the legs, muscle cramps and an irregular heartbeat.
Some factors which contribute to poor blood circulation are smoking, sedentary lifestyle, caffeine, excessive drinking, poor eating habits and some medical conditions such as high cholesterol, pregnancy, diabetes etc.
We present you the top 10 ways for an improved blood circulation.
Simple and aerobic exercises are enough for improving the blood flow.
- Enjoy jogging, swimming, walking at least 30 min a day 5 times a week, simple hand and foot exercises
- Note:Do not push yourself with exercise if your circulation is poor.
A relaxing massage to the whole body helps in blood vessels dilating, leading to facilitating blood flow.
- Massage your hands, ankles, legs and other body parts with movements towards the heart using warm olive, almond or coconut oil. After some time, take a warm bath. Do this couple of times a week.
It promotes blood flow by dilating the blood vessels. Have a hot, steam, whirlpool bath, or sauna several times a week.
The active ingredient in turmeric reduces plaque buildup in the arteries and helps prevent blood platelets from forming clots.
- Mix glass of warm milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and some honey, and drink it 2 times a day.
Cayenne pepper helps in the stimulation of the proper blood flow throughout the body, and strengthens the capillaries and arteries
- Add ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder, 1 tablespoon of black strap molasses, and 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in a cup of water, and drink it twice a day.
Coconut oil contains healthy fats and medium-chain triglycerides that help in relieving arteries’ inflammation, thus improving the blood flow.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil daily.
It helps in relaxing of the arteries and improving circulation. Drink 2-3 cups of this tea on a daily basis.
8. Dark Chocolate
It affects bio-chemicals which prompt widening of arteries, thus improving the blood flow. Eat a piece of 70 % cocoa dark chocolate a day.
Ginger contains zingerone and gingerols which improve the blood circulation with their warming effect on the body. It also inhibits blood clots and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day, or chew several fresh ginger slices.
It lowers blood pressure, promotes blood circulation, and prevents blood platelet aggregation.
- Consume 2-3 raw garlic cloves a day on an empty stomach
- Add garlic in your everyday cooking or take a supplement after doctor consulting