How To Make Almond Milk At Home? Outstandingly Healthy And Delicious
The almond milk is outstandingly healthy and delicious. It does not contain cholesterol and is rich with vitamins and micro elements, which are dissolved and easily approachable to our organism. The almond milk is a great alternative for cow’s milk, because it does not contain cholesterol and is consisted of 20% proteins. The vitamin E in the almond milk is more consisted than in the spinach, which is a source of magnesium.
Besides that, this milk is a source of phosphorus, which we need for our teeth and bones. It contains 4 times more calcium than the cow’s milk, 370mg of calcium in 100g of the product. Let’s not forget the potassium, zinc, copper, iron, B vitamins and the manganese.
Why should we drink the almond milk?
- Doctors recommend it for better and faster healing of the stomach and duodenum ulcer.
- Almond milk stimulates the secretion of the gal-bladder.
- It stimulates the intestine work and is useful for chronic colitis and constipation. It has a small laxative effect.
- One glass of almond milk will help you get rid of belching and stop the illnesses of the gastro intestinal tract.
- The almond milk is useful for cold, asthma, insomnia, impotence, anemia.
- It is a great source of energy, stimulates the brain function and improves the memory.
- The balanced level of vitamin A in the milk strengthens the sight and affects the ability of the eyes to accommodate to change of lightning.
- A glass of almond milk contains 50% of the daily recommended dose of vitamin E – antioxidant, which lowers the growth of free radicals, which are said to be causing cancer.
- There is plenty of vitamins B and iron, necessary for growth and healthy function of the muscle tissue.
- The almond milk does not contain lactose, so you can drink it with no fear of digestive problems.
- It has small number of calories (one glass contains only 40 calories), doesn’t contain saturated fat, which makes it very useful for people who are trying to lose weight.
- Because it contains flavonoids, it helps in lowering of cholesterol and protection of the heart.
- The pure almond milk makes healthy hair and skin.
The making of the almond milk is not difficult at all. It can be done by anyone who contains blender or juicer in his home.
For the preparation you will need:
- Blender or juicer
- 1 glass of raw almonds, which can be found in any store for healthy food
- 3-4 glasses of water
Keep the almonds in water over the night. In the morning, throw the water and keep the almonds. In a pot, put 3-4 glasses of filtrated water and add the almonds. Mix them with the blender for 2-3 minutes. Filter the mixture and keep it in a glassy bottle. The expiration date is after 2-3 days. The almond milk can be sweetened with a little honey or cinnamon, cocoa or vanilla, whatever you like.
Don’t throw away the pulp left from the filtration. You can use it to make candies, crackers add it in muesli, or dry it and make an almond flour. You can also make great face masks if you add a little honey and sour cream. Put it on your face and keep it for 10-15 minutes, then wash it off with water. Your skin will be grateful.
So, as you can see, the use of the almond milk is priceless because it contains many nutritive elements that are of great importance to our health and vitality of our organism.