How To Treat Eczema With Aloe Vera


Studies have shown that aloe gel might be effective in treating psoriasis, seborrhea, dandruff and skin abrasions, as well as radiation-induced skin injuries. Aloe is also an excellent treatment for skin conditions such as burns and eczema.


Although Aloe is about 99% water, the remaining 1% is extremely powerful. A majority of patients who experience eczema are under the age of 5, so natural treatment options such as aloe vera can provide relief without bad side effects.

How Aloe Vera Works

Aloe vera moisturizes, which helps keep dry skin hydrated. Eczema is often exacerbated by dry skin, so anything that adds moisture will help to alleviate the redness and dry patches characteristic of eczema.

It encourages healthy skin growth, and it also acts as a protective barrier. A number of known anti-inflammatory substances have been indentified in Aloe Vera gel which can help calm inflamed eczema and reduce the incessant itching. It also feels really cool when applied to have an immediate calming effect too.

Note. Aloe vera allergies are uncommon but do occur. The chances of developing an allergic reaction are higher if you are allergic to other plants in the lily family such as garlic, onions and tulips. As with all new skin products, it’s wise to patch test a small area prior to extensive.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *