Melon contains three times more potassium than the watermelon
When it comes to summer fruits, probably the first thing to come to your mind is the watermelon and the peaches, but there is one more delicious fruit whose season I right now, and it should be on your table.
It is a cantaloupe. This fruit belongs to the same family as watermelon, pumpkins and cucumbers. It is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains a high percentage of vitamin C, B, beta – carotene, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and copper. Also, the melon contains three times more potassium than the watermelon.
Thanks to the high percentage of water, about 95%, the low percentage of sugar and excellent taste and smell, this fruit is ideal summer refreshment.
The water from the melon stimulates the kidneys, regulates blood pressure, and the high levels of dietary fibers helps digestion. Beta – carotene helps fight cancer, but recent studies show that cantaloupe can be used in fight against several types of cancer.
You can eat whenever you want, as much as you want, and here are the reasons why it should be more present on your menu:
- The melon is ideal for detoxification of the organism and helps against bloating in the stomach. This fruit contains 300mg of potassium per 100gr and helps the body get rid of excess sodium and thus lowers the high blood pressure.
- The juice form the melon was used in ancient times to relieve the body from pain. If you want to get rid of pain, rub the painful area with drained melon juice.
- The cantaloupe in folk medicine was used to refresh and soothe the nervous tension.
- The melon is used against kidney stones, it relieves pain from insect stings, burns, diseases of the stomach and intestines.
- The melon isn’t fattening, so it is ideal if you want to lose weight.