The nose bleed can be really uncomfortable, especially if it happens on the workplace, in a car or a meeting.
If you want to quickly stop the nose bleed, try these tricks that really work:
- Press the right spot
- Sit down and bend your head to the front (so that you stop the blood go to your throat)
- Gently blow your nose to remove the blood congestions, if there are any.
- Press on the right part of the nose, right under the cartilage with the thumb and point finger and keep it for ten minutes.
- Make compression
- Make a firm roll of a gauze or cotton
- Put the roll in your mouth, between the teeth and the upper lip, right under the roof of the nose. Keep it for ten minutes.
- If having something in your mouth bothers you, take a button or a metal coin, put it above the upper lip under the nose and keep it for ten minutes.
- Cold compress
- Take an ice cube or cold layer and put it on the side of the nose that bleeds.
- Keep the compress for some time, as much as you can, make a pause and repeat the action.
- The cold layer squeezes the blood vessels and in that way the bleeding stops.
- The nose spray has a similar effect.
- Drink a lot of liquids. The water hydrates the body and the mucous membrane
- Don’t exaggerate with the use of air conditioning because they dry the mucous membrane in the nose.
- Avoid paracetamol because it dilutes the blood and by that, the bleeding is enforced.
- Take more vitamin C that strengthens the blood vessels and protects the membrane.
- Moisturize the membrane by making inhalations in the morning and before going to sleep, sniffle salty solution and wash the nose. The mucous must be salty and wet.