Simple Tricks To Remove Pesticides From Fruits and Vegetables
Today it is very difficult to find vegetables and fruit that are not sprayed. Washing under water only removes mechanical impurities and a small part of pesticides and individuals use mild detergent and dish washing brush, and then they peel the bark, which is full of nutrients. Although, on this way fruit and vegetable are wash much better than just use a water, it still is not enough to remove pesticide residues.
In various trials with pesticidal residue removal, has proven that various methods can remove the residue of pesticides – 75%.Of course it is not possible to solve all 100% because pesticides reach deep inside, but these 75% are excellent.
5 Steps to eat cleaner:
- The best option is of course – eat fruits and vegetables organically grown.
- If this is not possible – try to find and buy fresh fruits and vegetables with good quality.
- If this is not possible also, buy vegetables and fruits from acquaintances or sellers on the land that are grown locally and picked fresh.
- Select fruits and vegetables that are known to be clean on the list of EWG. Generally most sprayed fruit trees- apples, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, peaches and nectarines, and most sprayed vegetables- celery, spinach, lettuce, bell red pepper, cucumber, potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Okay, you bought fruit and vegetables for which you are not sure that are sprayed – and now what?
– Rinse thoroughly and brush fruits and vegetables under the stream of warm water with a little mild eco detergent washer. Rinse well.
– Note: Mushrooms only brush and wipe. Do not forget to wash thoroughly watermelon before cutting because their bark is hotbed of germs, and if you don’t wash the bark, with the knife will enter them in! Discard the outer leaves of leafy vegetables.
– Take a large bowl and soak in it the fruits in a solution of water and purchase (bio stores) or local funds for removal the pesticides. For this purpose you can use and previously cleaned sink. Here’s how:
1 tablespoon sea salt in a cup of water. Soak for half an hour and rinse.
Make a solution of 1: 4 of white vinegar and water. Soak for half an hour and rinse. The sprayed apples soak longer. The vinegar can neutralize most of the bacteria and pesticides that are present on fresh ingredients.
Note: Take a look at the water where are drooped fruit and vegetables and you will see what it is all out .
Make your spray for removal pesticides:
Here are two recipes for homemade spray for removal pesticides
1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 cup of water. Stir until the soda has dissolved and pour into a spray bottle.Sprayed on fruits and vegetables and leave for 15 minutes. Then rinse.
A cup of water, a cup of white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, a few drops of grapefruit seed extract (an excellent natural antibiotic – optional) – mix well. Pour into a spray bottle and spray the fruit and vegetables. Let stand for about 15 minutes. Rinse.
Eat and drink clean!