Eczema is a very common skin disorder that can cause skin to be inflamed. If you suffer from eczema, you know the pain and itchiness that accompanies this irritating skin disorder.
Doctors can load you up with prescriptions, creams, and ointments, but in many cases, these remedies can be harsh or full of chemicals.
Do not worry, there is a natural alternative that can treat eczema naturally just as well as, if not better than, some of the more popular and expensive creams on the market.
SOOTHE YOUR ECZEMA AND CALM YOUR ANGRY SKIN WITH THIS EASY REMEDY
Oatmeal’s anti-inflammatory properties are excellent for soothing irritation and itching caused by eczema. As it reduces inflammation and absorbs excess oil, it is also good for acne breakouts.
The most effective way to treat dry skin is to give it the moisture it needs. Proper bathing and moisturizing are important for this reason — especially if you have eczema.
1. Pour a cup of rolled oats into a sock, and tie a knot just above the bulge.
2. Run a warm bath, with the water pouring over the oatmeal-sock.
3. As the oatmeal softens, squeeze the sock and the oatmeal will ooze a silky substance into the bath. Your bath is now infused with all the good relief oatmeal has to offer.
4. Soak your body in the oatmeal bath for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure you submerge all of your eczema-affected areas into the water, as you want to allow enough time for the oatmeal solution to soak into your skin and treat the eczema.
5. Rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Pat your skin dry using a very soft towel. Do this up to three times a day depending on the severity of your condition.